Papierfabrik Adolf Jass with its companies Papierfabrik Adolf Jass GmbH & Co. KG and Papierfabrik Adolf Jass Schwarza GmbH (hereinafter referred to as Jass) recognises its social responsibility and is committed to responsible corporate governance. This Code of Conduct describes the basic principles that Jass considers to be important and fundamental for responsible corporate governance. In general, everything we do in all areas, in particular in relation to customers, suppliers, business partners and our employees, should be guided by the basic principles of integrity and fairness. Sustainability and protecting our environment are also key principles that guide everything we do. Complying with relevant laws forms the foundation for the way we operate. The rules set out in this Code of Conduct very much reflect the basic attitude of Jass. However, they do not constitute grounds for enforceable legal claims against Jass.
B. General Principles
- Compliance with laws: We comply with the relevant laws, standards and other regulations in all countries in which we operate and also follow the social rules that exist in each society.
- Business partners and authorities: Jass is committed to the basic principle of fair competition in relation to all market participants and always follows generally accepted business practices, with a particular focus on fairness and honesty. We work with authorities in a partnership based on trust.
- Commercial secrets: All employees of Jass are obliged to keep all operational matters confidential. This obligation also continues when the employment relationship comes to an end. Commercial secrets of third parties are also treated with due confidentiality by Jass and its employees.
- Environmental protection and sustainability: We regard conserving the environment and developing sustainable products and production processes as both a cause and an obligation. We aspire to reconcile both ecological and economic needs. This is a key component of our company policy and reflects our responsibility to the region and the people that live here. To satisfy our aspiration to produce containerboard in an environmentally friendly and sustainable way, our production processes are also continuously optimised from an ecological perspective. You can find more details about our certifications in the areas of quality management, environmental management, energy management, FSC® and AEO safety on our website, where this Code of Conduct is also published
C. Ethical, Global and Social Principles
- Human rights: We are unconditionally and steadfastly committed to always respecting and guaranteeing human rights as the most precious commodity in everything that we do. We firmly reject any form of forced labour or child labour.
- Discrimination: We emphatically reject any form of discrimination. This applies in particular, but not exclusively, to any discrimination on grounds of race or due to ethnic origin, gender, religion or ideology, a disability, age or sexual orientation.
- Occupational safety and health protection: For us, occupational safety and health protection are prized assets that fundamentally and without exception take precedence over production targets. All the applicable regulations in this area must be strictly complied with, and conditions which avoid any risks to health and safety must be established. In this context, the regulations of the occupational safety laws and the Working Hours Act must be strictly complied with.
- Remuneration: Jass guarantees that the wages paid to its employees fully satisfy the applicable laws, in particular the minimum wage law as the minimum standard. In addition, the collectively negotiated arrangements on remuneration issues are fully guaranteed and adhered to.
D. Competition Principles
- Antitrust law and competition: We commit ourselves unreservedly to engage in exclusively fair competition in relation to other stakeholders and competitors in our market. We comply with all regulations that apply under antitrust and competition law. We reject any fixing of prices, terms or conditions and any agreements that are designed to restrict competition or facilitate market or customer sharing.
- Bribery and corruption: All forms of bribery and corruption are firmly rejected; such behaviour is not tolerated by Jass under any circumstances.
- Accepting and offering gifts: As part of their work for the company, employees of Jass must not offer or grant business partners any improper benefits or accept any themselves. The acceptance of gifts is prohibited. This does not include the standard level of hospitality or occasional gifts essentially in the form of the customary Christmas presents. The acceptance of cash gifts of any kind or any amount is strictly prohibited. A strict standard must be applied here without exception.
- Employees: Jass makes its employees aware of this Code of Conduct in a suitable way and at regular intervals and makes sure that the regulations laid down in it are complied with. Regelungen.
- Business partners: We expect that our business partners will also comply with all relevant laws and regulations in their working relationship with Jass. We recommend that our business partners also introduce similar basic principles.